The VCSA has published its 2023 State of the Sector Survey report. The report is based on the data collected from VCSA member organisations, as well as a State of the Sector Survey which is conducted in the spring.
The report contains data and analysis for VCSE organisations across Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin. It includes comparisons with last year's State of the Sector survey results, as well as insights from data gleaned from other sources such as The Charity Commission, Pro Bono Economics, 360 Giving and more.
The highlights of the survey results were shared at this year's Annual Assembly in July, but now the full report is available for download.
The report's insights include the following conclusions:
- The sector is a major employer and economic contributor to the county.
- Experiences working with statutory partners have been mixed.
- Staff and volunteer recruitment and retention is a growing concern.
- Service demands are increasing and likely to continue to do so.
- Financial concerns in the sector present a risk to sector benefits.
- There is demonstrated need for funded infrastructure support to the VCSE sector across Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin.
Read the full report here.